Hi! It's me... I'm back! (I know I'm a total dork right?) The Creative Connection was an amazing experience. There were art classes and interactive seminars relating to all sides of creative businesses. I met so many women that I had only talked to via email, or read their blogs. It was so fun to meet them in person!!! (I'll do a post about all of them later.) First I wanted to share a few things that I learned while on my trip.
1. Sitting at my computer all day has made me woefully out of shape. I discovered this when I went to bed the second night and my hips ACHED like never before. I guess standing on me feet all day, and running from place to place just isn't as easy as I thought it would be. (Treadmill, here I come!)
2. I really suck (pardon my french) at the whole Twitter and Facebook thing. I thought I knew what I was doing, but after listening to some of the great seminars, I realized I have SO MUCH to learn!
3. I am not as comfortable in large groups of women as I would like to be. This one really surprised me. This is my first big event like this and there were times (especially before the big opening night dinner) when I just wanted to stay up in my room, watch TV and be tucked away nicely in my own little safety zone. I pushed through it though. I knew it would be good for me and that I would have a good time. Of course, I did. But this is something I want to work on. I guess working from home has taken it's toll in this capacity as well.
4. When there is a lot going on, I forget to pull out my camera and take lots of pictures. This is one of those things that if I don't get better at, I won't have wonderful pics to share with you of any fun events I may go to in the future. (Yes, that is a hint of what is or is not yet to come. I realized I had much fewer pics on my camera than I thought.) Bummer.
5. I want to get better at taking photo's. My roommate was the sweetest girl (woman) you ever want to meet. Her name is Koralee (Isn't that a great name?) and her blog is Bluebird Notes.
She takes the most beautiful pictures about the most ordinary things. In fact , there were many wonderful photographers at the event and they have inspired to try to see things in a different way. You all may have to be my guinea pigs. (I'm sorry)
Well, that's it for now. I hope I didn't bore you to much. I know you all want to see photos. Tiffany Kirchner (The Fancy Farmgirl) was one of the photographers for the event. As soon as they are available I will be combining some of her photos with the ones I took to share some of the fun we all had at this super event.