My dear friend Cindy at Lillys Lace has asked me to share 8 things about myself that you might not know, as part of the Stylish Blogger award. I don't normally participate in these types of things because I never know who to turn around and share the award with and I never know if they really want to playalong or not. So I am sharing it with everyone, because you are all stylish bloggers in my book! If you want to share 8 little known facts about yourself with all of us, I know we would all love it!
So... here is my list....
1. I was a total 80's rocker chic!!! (Don't laugh!) That's me in 1989
2. I have to fight very hard to keep weight off and as I get older it gets harder and harder. This is because I am a total carb addict and I love anything baked. I can't keep sweets in the house. I just eat them until they are all gone. This is very frustrating for my hubby because he has a huge sweet tooth too, but God has blessed him with a great metabolism.
3. I can be very shy at times and it's taken me a lot of work to get over that, and feel comfortable in large groups. (It's still hard sometimes.)
4. I HATE Lima beans!!! When I was a kid my dad used to make me eat them for breakfast if I didn't finish them for dinner the night before. I think he was trying to teach me something, but I'm not sure what. All he succeeded in doing was to stop me from EVER eating Lima beans as an adult.
5.In the Summertime, I love to float in the pool and read fantasy novels (no, Cindy...not those kind of fantasies.) I know that laying in the sun is not good for you but I can't help it. I need a tan in the summer! Oh, and in case you are thinking it... I do not get as tan as I used to. (What was I thinking???)
6.I used to say, "I like most dogs better than I like most people." That was before I started blogging and met a whole world full of kind, generous and caring women. Now I like dogs and people just the same! LOL.
7. I secretly wish I was as talented as many of my favorite bloggers. ( I guess it's not a secret anymore.)
8. I love clothes. I have been a clothes horse ever since I can remember. My mom tells me stories of how I used to change my outfits several times a day when I was 3 or 4. Things really haven't changes much since then. :)
9. I'm sad that I don't have time to visit blogs and leave and answer comments like I used to. Since I started Valentine Design I have been very busy working on blogs and trying to grow my business. I feel like I am disappointing some of you. I hope you all know that every comment is cherished, and I hope you understand when I can't always come by and say thank you.
I know that was 9 and not 8 but I really wanted to share that last one with you anyway.
I hope if you are snowed in this week, you have someone or something warm to snuggle up with.