I have been rapidly running out of space in my studio for quite some time now. More and more stuff just keeps showing up!!! (It's a sickness I know, but I just cant help myself!! LOL!)
I finally decided I needed to do something about it. The top of this dresser was just not being used in the most efficient way. I had in my head that I was going to find a short bookcase to put on top of it, so hubby and I set off on Saturday to search the local garage sales to see what we could find.
Unfortunately I did not find a bookcase, but I did find this....
It's not exactly what I wanted because it doesn't provide quite enough storage space, but it is definitely a step in the right direction and for $4.00 I couldn't pass it up!!!!
I think it was probably a shoe caddy for one of those "put together yourself" closet organizers.
It is definitely an improvement over what I had as it allows me to see what I have and cleaned up some space in the drawers below so the items that are there are more easily accessible as well.
Instead of everything being loose in the drawers I have categorized the lace pieces into plastic baggies, making it much easier to find what I am looking for.
Now that all the little stuff is in the cubbies above, the drawers are much neater and I am much happier!!!
I'm still going to keep my eye out for a short bookcase, but in the meantime... this will do nicely!!!