I still need to have a slipcover made for the sofa above, but that will have to wait until I can save up some more money. I made all the pillows myself. (I'll show details further down) and took down the green and white drapes and made burlap drapes to take their place. I still had some of the brown that I used to trim out the sheers so I used that again for the burlap to keep a really finished look.
So here is the left side of the room before. You can see the big black hole of a TV in the corner.
And the other side... The coffee table was a bench that I cut the bottom of the legs off to make it a better coffee table height. The wood side table came from my husbands family. The ends fold down. It's a cool table but I have been wanting to paint it for a LONG time. I still haven't convinced him to let me do that.
After the face lift on the cabinet. I'm so thrilled with the change. No more black hole!!!
The coffee table got a new paint job as well. I added small touches of black all through the room since there is actually a lot of built in black in the house. I painted the small shelves on the wall black, added black trim details on the pillows, added black trim to the lampshade, and my DH found that great old metal R at a construction sight he was working on.
I used some of the vintage lace and vintage jewelry that I found on vacation for the pillow above. The bows on the corners are made from tea stained gauze.
The fabric for this pillow come from the old curtains in my studio. I made three of these in total.
This pillow I used an old beige crocheted doily I had. It actually matches the color of the beige denim fabric really well.
The detail on this pillow is a vintage hat!! I found it at a great shop here in town.
Here is the "before" of the cabinet. My mom gave us the TV and the cabinet about 4 years ago. It used to be an all in one cabinet and TV. Then the TV died and they pulled the old one out and just shoved the new one in it's place. There was a lot of ugly space around the new TV.
I decoupaged the outside with vintage sheet music. Then we taped it all off and sprayed the front with Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. Then I removed the front panel that housed the old speaker and re upholstered it with a quilted silk that I had in my fabric bin. Lastly I decoupaged some 3" wide balsa wood with more sheet music and framed out the opening. Presto! All the yucky stuff gone!
Well that's the new Livingroom! I still want to add 2 more frames to the window. I'll find them at a future garage sale. (Prime garage sale season is rapidly approaching!) The other rooms are almost finished. Just a few more things to do. Thanks for hanging out with me. I'll see you again soon!