It's hard to find the words to express to you all how grateful I am to everyone who took the time to leave such sweet and encouraging comments for me after the last post. You don't know what a gift that was for me, and even though the issue has been forgiven and forgotten, I will always have those comments to look back on if I ever need a reminder of how amazing the women in Blogland really are. I would be a much less fulfilled and happy woman if you were all not in my life. :)
So... Thank you so much ladies!!!!
While trying to visit and personally thank everyone who left a comment, I ran into a few blog type issues that I thought you might enjoy a little information on, plus a few bits of random blog info. Some of this stuff you may already know about, and some you may not, so I hope you find some of it useful.
1. There were several women who left comments for me that don't have a blog. That's fine, but there was also no way for me to contact them. If you are a blog reader, but not a blog writer you can still fill out the Blogger profile and make your email address available, so that when you leave comments, the recipient can respond to you. (So thank you so much to all the ladies, that I was unable to contact.)
2. Speaking of the Blogger profile... That may be going away and replaced with the new Google+ profile in the near future. If you have started a blog recently, you were given a choice of one or the other. It's important to know, that unlike the Blogger profile, you have to manually add your blog addresses to your Google+ profile or they won't appear. When someone clicks on your name to be taken to your profile and then visit your blog(s), they will hit a dead end if you don't add it yourself.
3. Did you know that when you are on a blog and there is no "Home"button, you can just click on the header and it will return you to home page of the blog??
4. Sooooo many of you are still using Internet Explorer as your browser. I understand why... it came on your computer and that's the one you have always used. Did you know that quite often you are not seeing things they way they are supposed to look? I have to use a special website, to look at how things look in Explorer before I publish a new design because quite often, it looks great in every browser besides Explorer. Any site that is very graphic based (like our blogs) doesn't work to it's full potential in Explorer. It's the first question I ask someone when they are having problems and 8 out of 10 times, that problem is solved by switching to another browser. Before Google created Chrome, it #1 rcommended browser was Firefox. Now of course it's Google chrome and truly both are excellent alternatives to Explorer. They are free and easy to download. I always think it's a good idea to have a choice of two different browsers on your computer anyway. Give them a try. You will be happy that you did. :)
5. Have any of you noticed that sometimes when you do a post, you wind up with a whole list of links that are not yours at the bottom of that post?? If you want to prevent this, go to your layout page and click on the "edit" button under your posting area. Un-check the box that says "links to the post" and then hit save. Now people will not be able to add random links to the bottom of your post.
6. One last little bit of advice. It's so nice when I get an email and that person has a link to their blog under there signature or sign off. If you always put a link to your blog in your email correspondence, the recipient can go visit your blog and know exactly who they are speaking with. You may also get new visitors to your blog that may not have found it otherwise. Promote yourselves girls!
Have a wonderful week ladies and I will see you Thursday for another Sweet Salvage adventure!